Real number to string

Jéferson Gustavo

Hello everyone. I need your help again. Let's suppose that I have the real number 10000.34252 and I need to transform it into the following string "10.000,343" that is, add the "." to separate thousands, and leave it to 3 decimal places. The rtos even helps to leave with 3 decimal places, however when it comes to numbers with less than 3 decimal places, it does not add the leading zero. For example, when we apply (rtos 3.1000 2 3), it returns "3.1", when I wanted "3,100")
I even created a solution, but I would like to know if there is a cleaner way to do this.
Here is my solution:

(setq number_str 10000.34252)

(setq number_str (rtos number_str 2 3)
	number_str (vl-string-subst "," "." number_str ))

(cond
    ((= number_str "0"))
    ((= (vl-string-search "," number_str) nil)(setq number_str (strcat number_str ",000")))
    ((= (- (strlen number_str) (vl-string-search "," number_str) 1) 1)(setq number_str (strcat number_str "00")))
    ((= (- (strlen number_str) (vl-string-search "," number_str) 1) 2)(setq number_str (strcat number_str "0"))))

(if (> (vl-string-search "," number_str) 3)
    (setq number_str (strcat (substr number_str 1 (- (vl-string-search "," number_str) 3)) "." (substr number_str (- (vl-string-search "," number_str) 2)))))

This returns "10.000,343".

Thank you in advance

If your drawing is metric, try setting the system variable "DIMZIN" to 0 (zero) . Settings 0->3 only affect feet and inches and in 2012 this doesn't suppress trailing zero's in metric drawings. You can test on the command line with (rtos num 2 3)

• Thanks 1