FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x18e7fbb0 Exception at 715a2f5ch

soccer2rulz

I keep on getting this error every time when i double click on the program, and as you can guess it shuts down afterwards :(

does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this problem?

i have already installed the latest service pack, already tried to disable the digital signature yet the program still wouldn't allow me to go in. :( i also reinstalled and tried repairing the program only to receive the same error. any ideas?:(

At this point I would consider the possibility of a bad entry in the Registry. I would recommend using the old Microsoft standby, RegClean, as it is one I have used for years without a problem. Before using it though I would recommend backing up all your drawing files first.

If that fails to correct the problem I fear you may well have to wipe the drive (a drastic step to be sure), reinstall your OS (which one do you use?), and then reinstall AutoCAD. Both programs will have to have all updates loaded as well. You could be out of business for a day or two.

Just a couple of random thoughts here (please bear with me).

Are you experiencing problems with any other programs?

Did you make any recent changes (additions or deletions) to your software or hardware prior to the problem occuring?

Would you have any reason to suspect a problem with your RAM? How much RAM is installed and how many DIMMs do you have? Have you considered checking to make sure they are properly seated in their slots?

What antivirus program are you using? Is it uptodate? Have you tried to temporarily disable it and then try to start AutoCAD?

I'm just thinking about other possible causes we could look at before wiping the drive and starting over from scratch.