Multiple drawing updates without opening

alanbarn

I have some docs which contain hundreds of pages, and each page is an AutoCAD drawing.

After updating two drawings, and getting them approved, I then need to update the drawing rev, and revision history block with information about the change for all drawings (~300).

So for each drawing I need to update the drawing revision, and either:

a, Include the revision information about the new rev in the first empty row in the drawing revision history block

or

b, If the revision block is fully populated, move all of the revisions down and place the new revision information in the top row.

Since there are hundreds of drawings which need to have this update, I'm looking for a solution which can update the drawings without having to open each drawing in turn.

I'm happy using update scripts, or generating update scripts (with guidance obviously) which will allow for update routines to be run from a command line (shell)

There is probably a method or routine or lisp existing already, because my problem must have been encountered numerous times before, I just haven't been able to find an example of how to perform the updates.

Thanks in advance

You are right about doing multiple in one go, need to get say a simple lisp working that does the update on 1 dwg, then can look at using a script or aeccoreconsole or OBDX 

You mention if rev is full must adjust, so that would be 1st step to solve. 

Do you have anything now to update a dwg ? If not need a sample dwg clearly showing what goes where. Looked at the text file and closed it quickly. Not sure what your trying to use in it or what get updated hopefully a title block.

Edited by BIGAL

Thanks for the reply and reviewing the text file (which is an attribute dump of the drawing title block,  block)

We have no customisation for ACAD.  

I was thinking of using something along the lines of Lee Mas's update lisp  http://www.lee-mac.com/updatetitleblock.html , but after reading the information for that routine, it doesn't seem to be able to programatically update the title block, i.e. it can't be run from a shell, and be able to perfofm updates based on rules.

I was hoping for something with an 'if then elseif' loop in it (if the rev block isnt empty then use the last empty row, if the title block is full index the whole contents 'down' one rev to make room for my rev).

I can't upload a drawing, forbidden.

I perform a review of three sheets, then when they are approved, every sheet gets revved up.

When in doubt, check LeeMac out!

http://www.lee-mac.com/batte.html

Thanks Lee!  :beer:

I've never used it, but this might do it?

That or maybe another of Lee's gems!  :notworthy:

For the revs are full, Google "update revison in title block autocad lisp" there is definately code out there that will look at a revs and adjust to suit. 

You appear to have REV5    REV4    REV3    REV2    REV1 as tagnames explode a block this will show tagnames write text about what is to happen and post image. We can not really help unless we have a better idea of what is being changed. It may end up a combination of some custom code and Lee's great block routines.

image.png.2c39e510e4f0f22db077d53a313f180c.png

• 2 years later...
13 hours ago, Cmehta said:

http://www.lee-mac.com/batte.html 

This lips is work when your attributes are in singles block.

Means multiple attributes are in one block its work, but when this attribute blocks is in on other block then its not working. 

I think some one to Explore mac Lee lip

What Dadgad suggested 2 posts up then?