Zoom in the direction of the pointer

BoL

Hi

I'm using "autocad civil 3d 2008":

In some templates, when zooming, the screen doesnt move in the direction of the pointer (this happens in the 3D template, not in the 2D template) I've been searching to adjust this in the templates but i can't find it.

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem with MEP 2010. In 3D model I when I use the wheel to zoom it zooms to middle of page and not in the direction of pointer. I was wondering if anyone has found out how to remedy this? thanks

This is the only place on the entire interweb I have found that someone else has experienced the same issue! Surely someone can offer some advice?!

:sweat:

3D orbit, right click then hit parallel. I knew it was something simple I was over looking. I have no idea how I changed it from parallel?

Thanks for your response and I hope you have a great weekend! I'm new to this site, but can tell there are some top notch people on here! :)

Glad to help, I hope the OP hasn't been waiting since 2009 for this solution. LOL

AutoCAD defaults to perspective when you click the "home" position on the Viewcube, maybe that's what happened? Right clicking on the viewcube is the quickest way to change Perspective.

YES! that is exactly what happened! I now remember doing it too!

If you have no objections I'd like to add you as a contact? thanks again