Draw order routine? for Blocks

When I draw blocks I do a wipeout command on a lot of them, which basically makes it look like something has been trimmed but it is actually hidden behind the block.

for example I insert a block ( a box ). then I draw a line right through it and it hides the line behind it so it looks like it has been trimmed.

anyways, I want to assign a certain draw order to blocks. Say I have a 90, that I want to cover the pipe, yet the coupling to cover the 90. That way I can draw stuff fast, then at the end hit a button and it shifts everything in a certain draw order.

the send to back and bring to front assigned to certain blocks in a routine. I know it's possible

^ Yes, basically you want to filter those blocks out and apply draworder to them.

Here's how you would filter them via LISP, assuming the name of the 90 is "Elbow-90"

(setq All90s (ssget "x" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . "Elbow-90"))))
(command "draworder" All90s "" "f")

^ Yes, basically you want to filter those blocks out and apply draworder to them.

Here's how you would filter them via LISP, assuming the name of the 90 is "Elbow-90"

(command "draworder" All90s "" "f")

now where would I put this, would I run it like a reactor? or would I put this code in the lisp for that certain block on the toolbar.

say I want the coupling to be on top, the elbow to be 1 below that, and the line to be under both of them.

how would that look? just like what you have there? I will try this out before any other questioning, you have been a great help man, thanks.

now where would I put this, would I run it like a reactor? or would I put this code in the lisp for that certain block on the toolbar.

say I want the coupling to be on top, the elbow to be 1 below that, and the line to be under both of them.

how would that look? just like what you have there? I will try this out before any other questioning, you have been a great help man, thanks.

I might be late, but they way I would do it is to save the function as a lisp file, and have a command line/button macro to call it.

Here's what you would save in a *.lsp file (assumes the coupling block name is "Cplng-1"):

(defun c:Block2F ()
(command "draworder" All90s "" "f"); bring elbows to front
(setq All90s (ssget "x" '((0 . "INSERT") (2 . ""Cplng-1""))))
(command "draworder" All90s "" "f"); bring couplings to front
(princ)
)

Then for your menu macro, have:

^C^CBlock2F

Hope that works.