Splash screen

BIGAL

I am looking for the simplest way to display an image on the screen for say 2 seconds then close, no user interaction,  the image is a 3d perspective. It is to display on 1st load of a lisp. I am trying to only use lisp. And not any external coding opendcl etc. Or a .Net solution this may be the only way though in the end.

I tried making a slide and use vslide a simple method, ignoring slide making problems. Tried it as command mode and calling a script.

I have it working on and off 1st time will work then just does the delay no image.

I am not sure if its a graphics card problem, using NVIDIA GEOFORCE  GTX 1050.

vslide "D:/1W/abc def.sld"
DELAY 5000
Regen

Probably not what you're looking for, but if you can recode your image as vectors then use grdraw?

example for text -  http://www.lee-mac.com/grtext.html

Lee's remarks mentions help from Elpanov Evgeniy for the method of vector encoding. I assume that meant selected geometry was converted to a vector list.

Check theswamp.org 

2 hours ago, dan20047 said:

Lee's remarks mentions help from Elpanov Evgeniy for the method of vector encoding. I assume that meant selected geometry was converted to a vector list.

Since the vectors were generated for a fixed-width font for which each character was 10px wide, the X & Y pixel coordinates were encoded as a single integer with the X coordinate value represented by the units, and the Y coordinate value represented by the tens & hundreds.

(defun Splash (s w / sn dcl-fn dcl-fp dcl-id x y)
  (vl-load-com)
  (cond
    ((not (= (type s) 'STR))(princ (strcat "\nInvalid slide name : " (vl-princ-to-string s))))
    ((not (setq sn (findfile s))) (princ (strcat "\nSlide not found : " (vl-princ-to-string s))))
    ((not (= (type w) 'INT))(princ (strcat "\nInvalid value for delay : " (vl-princ-to-string w))))
    ((not (and (setq dcl-fn (vl-filename-mktemp ".dcl")) (setq dcl-fp (open dcl-fn "w")))) (princ "\nUnable to show slide"))
    (t (write-line (strcat "im:dialog{label=\"Bigal\";:image_button{key=\"im\";color=-2;width=100;"
        "aspect_ratio=1;allow_accept=true;is_default=true;}}") dcl-fp) (close dcl-fp)(gc)(setq dcl-id (load_dialog dcl-fn))
     (new_dialog "im" dcl-id)(setq x (dimx_tile "im") y (dimy_tile "im"))(start_image "im")(slide_image 0 -15 x y sn)(end_image)
     (wait w)(term_dialog)(if dcl-id (unload_dialog dcl-id))(if (and dcl-fn (findfile dcl-fn))(vl-file-delete dcl-fn))
    )
  )
  (princ)
)

(defun wait (sec / stop) (setq stop (+ (getvar "DATE") (/ sec 86400.0))) (while (> stop (getvar "DATE"))))

(Splash "d:/Temp/Lisp/Cad-tutor/Bigal/Furntable.sld" 5)

You could create an HTA script. Open using wscript and within the HTA have a timer set to close the widow after X milliseconds. I did this messing around about 10 years ago but unfortunately I can't give you an example.

Thank you Rlx the answer is the (term_dialog) something I did not know about as I have said before always learning and finding new commands. Thanks Also Ronjonp.

The only issue I have now is it does not seem to like the size of the slide as I made a slide of an image its is quite large will play more with that side of things. I may have to sacrifice a shaded image. But it is working.

Edited by BIGAL