2010 is here, the lid has been lifted

rkent

I'm a B old cynic but I am not sure of the value of the 'constraints' function - as demonstrated on the web cast; if I want a rectilinear building plan I think I will keep drawing it so in the first place; not randomly drawing something like it and then applying 'constraints' everywhere. But I expect there is a REALLY GOOD USE for it:roll::roll::roll:

parametrics LOOKS good:roll::roll::roll:

pdf enhancements - they do appeal:shock::shock::shock:

Autodesk's creed: "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. If you can't buy 'em, copy 'em and pretend it's new."

It's certainly worked for them, and it keeps people from switching. They know if there's another feature out there, Autodesk will add it to a package if they wait "long enough".

All criticisms aside, this does look to be a very significant release.

Autodesk's creed: "If you can't beat 'em, buy 'em. If you can't buy 'em, copy 'em and pretend it's new."

It's certainly worked for them, and it keeps people from switching. They know if there's another feature out there, Autodesk will add it to a package if they wait "long enough".

All criticisms aside, this does look to be a very significant release.

A lot of the new Microstation features seem to be AutoCAD inspired as well.

I had an interesting demo many years go by an Autodesk rep (from USA were in Aus) she showed us the grading object and explained how good it was we asked a question which came back with a fairly labourious way to do it we explained that our civil software had it in it for years current version 2009 still does not have it.

We are using an Autocad add on to civil3d and sorry it just blows away out of the box Civil 3D. Not sure how long before he gets bought out.