Making offsets for postprocessing

martin201098

Hi,

I need to make offsets on parts to have enough material that then needs to be milled for the right surface finish. I am trying to find the best solution to do that. I have tried many softwares, NX, Inventor, PowerShape, Fusion360. Options like offset surface/face, don't function very well in small regions, where offset planes intersect each other. The same happens when offsetting a triangle mesh, fixing those problems after takes a lot of time. In Magics there is option "milling offset", which is designed for this purpose, however the mesh it creates has many mistakes that automatic fixing can't solve, and generating a finer mesh takes ages. Is there a better method or software that could help making offsets easier and faster? What other options I have for making such offsets, is there another direction I should go or where could I find some useful info? Thank you in advance :)