Change shape of path extrusion?

aji2015

Hello all,

I've created a box shape to represent a channel, which has then been extruded along a path. 

The client now say they want a circular shape to represent a cable instead of a box shape to represent a channel.

So, is there an easy way to change a box shape path extrusion in to a circular shaped path extrusion?

(I have many of these path extrusions to change, if it was only one I'd simply re-do it from scratch, but there are loads of them to change).

Cheers for any suggestion.

If you aren't allowed to go back and extrude new circular primitives I guess one option would be to use the 3d modeling tools to fillet all 4 corners.

I guess if that's all you can do...

-ChriS

5 hours ago, ammobake said:

If you aren't allowed to go back and extrude new circular primitives I guess one option would be to use the 3d modeling tools to fillet all 4 corners.

I guess if that's all you can do...

-ChriS

That certainly would be a tedious way to go about it,   :huh:  as I'm sure ammobake would agree.  :beer:

I would vote for redoing them, painful as that sounds.  :|

Yessir that would be the logical route lol.

I guess the full extent of the heartache would depend on how many there are in total.

Are they all the same extrude height or are they all different - etc..

1st up do little in solids but made a solid using path, did erase original pline and object and path was retained. Now need a find a group of objects say a pline with certain shape replace with new shape then extrude again. I can see all sorts of problems with UCS etc. Replacing a circle is probably the easiest. I think it was Marco Ribar had a find pattern lisp.

Using the Normal values may give hints of converting the co-ords to a planar answer. So a flat shape can be compared to a rotate3d shape.

image.png.5a2c587216961d419391896d1b05f0a6.png