Quickly Create Block per drawing file

benzson11

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to create a lisp routine that will create a block of all the objects inside a file and name the block same with the drawing file name.
I have manage to do this. But I have encountered some problem.
1st. My lisp won't continue so I add a save and close in the routine.
2nd. I need to add an conditional function that will explode if there is a block found and continue if none is found.

Any suggestion on how I will approach this problem and or improve my lisp routine.

I attach the lisp routien and sample drawing file.

QB-BENZSON.LSP R3-1(A).dwg

Not a good practice to get into blocking a whole dwg. I have had dwg's submitted and took a while to find but had a complete other dwg saved as a block but not used so bloated the dwg.

If you save a dwg you can Insert it into another dwg this would be a better way are you trying to do some form of I want these objects in a new dwg, is not a DWT template dwg for that task ?

• Like 2

Hi Bigal thank you for your response. I just need to create the 3d solids with circle reference as block. I will use it on the dynamo script that I'm working on. It wont insert 3d solid but will insert blocks inside the drawings.

Hey guys. @benzson11 don´t use "_A" in (setq selectionset (ssget "_A" '((0 . "3DSOLID,*SURFACE,CIRCLE")))) use "x" (setq selectionset (ssget "x" '((0 . "3DSOLID,*SURFACE,CIRCLE"))))

"All" or "al" is used in (command ".erase" "all" "") for example. In the ssget function to select everything "x" is used. I changed the purge command too.

I changed your file, test if that's how you wanted it.
Sorry my english from google translator. Because I don't speak English.

QB-BENZSON - new.LSP

• Like 1

• CADTutor changed the title to Quickly Create Block per drawing file