Drawings stop responding that have Pipe Networks

JerryG

Hello all. Got a bit of an odd one. 

Just got a new laptop with Civil 2021 (version 2021.2)

Everything works as expected until I try and open a drawing with previously created Pipes using Pipe Networks. 

Once I open the drawing I can see everything but it always just hangs and Civil stops responding. 

No Fatal errors it just never fully opens.

I've waited over 40 minutes for the drawing to respond but it never does. 

This happens on any drawing I try to open with Pipes. These are drawings I've created that have worked fine on my previous computer with Civil 21 installed.

this even happens on drawings created in previous versions. 

Thanks for aby input!

Sounds like you may need to reset your settings to default. Close Civil 3D...

The easiest way to do this is to go to your Windows Registry Editor. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R24.0\...

There, you will see ACAD-4100:409. Right-click on it and delete it. Restart Civil 3D.

Edited by TRogers
  • Like 2

I wanted to add a side note for future use to anyone experiencing the same or similar issues.  

We were about to delete my profile on the computer thinking that there was a setting that was preventing the DWG from

fully opening.  Even though it was a new computer and new install of Civil 3d my previous setting were still there from 

bringing over my profile for the new computer. By deleting my profile it would have set things back to a stock setting. 

This was a best guess based on the fact that other Designers could open the same file just fine and we had 

exhausted all other options besides doing a full reinstall of Civil 3d. (we did do a fix and repair install)

TR's way was much faster and only affected CIvil 3d. 

Thank you again TRogers. 

• Like 1