Jump to content
pmadhwal7

Make Object By layer in multiple layouts

Recommended Posts

pmadhwal7

Dear all,

i have done one mistake during creating layout that i was forget to make some object by layer and when i realized it was copy in nearly 100 layouts, i wnt to know that is their any way to do those object by layer at once? 

 

Drawing3.dwg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BIGAL

maybe

image.thumb.png.bfa7b45cf52c9b13d861eecfc24be149.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7
On 3/28/2021 at 5:02 AM, BIGAL said:

maybe

image.thumb.png.bfa7b45cf52c9b13d861eecfc24be149.png

 

try this method but it was not done my current object by layer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BIGAL
Posted (edited)

I think I misread your request, so select all in pspace in a layout, then chprop to Bylayer ? Is that what you want just step through all layouts and change.

 

Are you meaning the Byblock plines  to be Bylayer ?

 

Post an image etc showing what is to be changed.

 

Maybe this.

 

(defun layoutbylay ( / lay x obj )
(vlax-for lay (vla-get-Layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(if (/=  (vla-get-name lay) "Model")
(progn
  (setvar 'ctab (vla-get-name lay))
  (setvar 'tilemode 1)
  (setq ssall (ssget "x"))
  (setq x 0)
  (repeat (sslength ssall)
    (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ssall x)))
    (vlax-put-property obj "Linetype" "Bylayer") 
    (vlax-put-property obj "Color" acbylayer)
    (vlax-release-object obj)
    (setq x (+ x 1))
 )
)
)
)
(princ)
)
(layoutbylay)

 

 

 

 

Edited by BIGAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tombu

As that initial object would now be a different object in each layout you would need a lisp that prompts to select one of them to get it's entity properties (less entity name) and modify every object with the same properties in Paper Space in the drawing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tombu

BlackBox's posts are a good start 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ronjonp
Posted (edited)
On 3/27/2021 at 7:11 AM, pmadhwal7 said:

Dear all,

i have done one mistake during creating layout that i was forget to make some object by layer and when i realized it was copy in nearly 100 layouts, i wnt to know that is their any way to do those object by layer at once? 

 

Drawing3.dwg 252.17 kB · 7 downloads

Question; Have you thought about using a viewport ( or creating a block \ xref ) to show the keymap linework? Copying this information to 100+ tabs does not make a whole lot of organizational sense.

 

Here's a quick example to change all color byblock items to bylayer:

(defun c:foo (/ s)
  ;; RJP » 2021-03-30
  ;; Change all color byblock objects to bylayer
  (if (setq s (ssget "_x" '((62 . 0))))
    (foreach e (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)) (entmod (append (entget e) '((62 . 256)))))
  )
  (princ)
)

 

Edited by ronjonp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7
On 3/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, BIGAL said:

I think I misread your request, so select all in pspace in a layout, then chprop to Bylayer ? Is that what you want just step through all layouts and change.

 

Are you meaning the Byblock plines  to be Bylayer ?

 

Post an image etc showing what is to be changed.

 

Maybe this.

 


(defun layoutbylay ( / lay x obj )
(vlax-for lay (vla-get-Layouts (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))
(if (/=  (vla-get-name lay) "Model")
(progn
  (setvar 'ctab (vla-get-name lay))
  (setvar 'tilemode 1)
  (setq ssall (ssget "x"))
  (setq x 0)
  (repeat (sslength ssall)
    (setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ssall x)))
    (vlax-put-property obj "Linetype" "Bylayer") 
    (vlax-put-property obj "Color" acbylayer)
    (vlax-release-object obj)
    (setq x (+ x 1))
 )
)
)
)
(princ)
)
(layoutbylay)

 

work fine but it was also change my hath color too is it possible to change particular object??? by clicking them

image.png.d06d13d95142d52a45823e5c1800fad8.png

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ronjonp

No need to cycle through tabs to change object properties .. this one will exclude hatch.

(defun c:foo (/ s)
  ;; RJP » 2021-03-31
  ;; Change all color byblock objects to bylayer
  (if (setq s (ssget "_x" '((0 . "~HATCH") (62 . 0))))
    (foreach e (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)) (entmod (append (entget e) '((62 . 256)))))
  )
  (princ)
)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7
17 hours ago, ronjonp said:

No need to cycle through tabs to change object properties .. this one will exclude hatch.


(defun c:foo (/ s)
  ;; RJP » 2021-03-31
  ;; Change all color byblock objects to bylayer
  (if (setq s (ssget "_x" '((0 . "~HATCH") (62 . 0))))
    (foreach e (mapcar 'cadr (ssnamex s)) (entmod (append (entget e) '((62 . 256)))))
  )
  (princ)
)

 

great sir thanks a lot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ronjonp
4 hours ago, pmadhwal7 said:

great sir thanks a lot

Glad to help 🍻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7
23 hours ago, ronjonp said:

Glad to help 🍻

one more question is it possible to change an object layer by selecting it in all layout sheets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BIGAL

If its in same location in every layout then its doable by picking one and get a pt to use in the other layouts with (ssget pt) but you may have to possibly open every layout. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7
14 hours ago, BIGAL said:

If its in same location in every layout then its doable by picking one and get a pt to use in the other layouts with (ssget pt) but you may have to possibly open every layout. 

location is same but layout is different some time object is also same

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BIGAL
Posted (edited)

Take the layoutbylay and use that code as a start, you just need to remove the repeat and replace with the (ssget pt) you should have selected the object at the start of the code, again this should work not tested (setq pt  (cadr (entsel "\nPick object ")))

 

Have a go only way to learn.

Edited by BIGAL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ronjonp
On 4/3/2021 at 5:49 AM, pmadhwal7 said:

location is same but layout is different some time object is also same

Have you thought about organizing your drawings differently? IMO, some of these problems could be avoided.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tombu

Layout title blocks (or xrefs) with attributes would have make this a quick fix and reduced drawing size.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pmadhwal7

i will try your suggestions thanks all you guys really helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...