Making 3d Blocks

Mark1965

Hi

can any one show me or link me to a site or book to make 3d blocks in revit 9 pls? and can i do this in revit arch. or do i need mep, i want to be able make 3d blocks of light fittings from scratch. Im a bit of a newb at revit.

Thanks for any help

Mark

Hi Mark, welcome to the joy and frustratioin of Revit.

Yes you can make light fitting families in Revit architecture.

File>New>Family

Browse to the metric templates folder. You should be able to see several files for lighting fixtures, open whichever you would like to use and start modelling.

One complete use the load to project button to place it in your project.

i havn't really made any lighting families myself by i believe that you can do all sorts of cool stuff in the family.

One thing to consider, if you make a ceiling, floor or wall hosted family, that is all they can be placed on, however if you make a surface based family, it can be placed on any surface.

Try You Tube or google for revit tutorials or even the augi web site. www.augi.com

Hi there,

The first link/book is by an author, Paul Aubin, he has been using and writing about Revit for about as long as it has been around.

I have his book, for 2008. He is a very good writer and it would be an excellent book to start with.

The second one, as you will note from the cover is for Revit Structure, not sure if you need this or not, but the same book is available for Revit Architecture. I have recently got a hold of this and it is also good value.

Great place to start.