Page setup not match with title block xref paper space

Ish

Dear team,

I have a xref of title block A2 paper size mm, and I attached that 

After attached I make page setup for A2 paper size mm.

But paper size not matching with title block size.

See the attached image

16180311701332172246243168328435.jpg

Edited by Ish
Modified

if you calculate 584 / 25.4 you get 22.9 so you probably have an issue with your insunits settings (25.4 beeing inches). I have created an app for my company called FX (fast xref) and by dialog you can select which plot plans to attach. All xrefs have same scale (1) and inspoint (0,0) so they all insert in the right place with the right size. Part of this routine sets a couple of variables to make sure all xrefs use the same units. I was away for a couple of years and when I returned I found most of my children , oh I mean xrefs , were abused horribly so that's why I created this.

(setvar "insunits" 0)        ;blocks insert in millimeters 4 , 0 = no units
(setvar "INSUNITSDEFSOURCE" 0)    ;blocks insert in millimeters
(setvar "INSUNITSDEFTARGET" 0)    ;blocks insert in millimeters
(setvar "LAYEREVAL" 0)        ;no layer nagging
(setvar "LAYEREVALCTL" 0)    ;no layer nagging
(setvar "LAYERNOTIFY" 0)    ;no layer nagging
;;; - dwgunits : 3=mm, 2=decimal, 4=precision, scale upon insert = no , match insunits = no!
(command "-dwgunits" 3 2 4 "no" "no")(while (= 1 (logand (getvar "cmdactive") 1))(command "No"))

not so long ago changed this routine so it no longer uses 'command' but I would have to fire up my other computer upstairs and right know my couch is just to comfortable. But this should work too...

🐉

• Like 1

You can get another job  😁 or ....

- First open your titleblock drawing (A2.dwg or whatever) and run commands from my earlier post to make sure all units are in millimeters.

- Next ,  open the drawing where titleblock is loaded as xref and detach A2 titleblock

- Now run commands here also to make sure units in this drawing are in millimeters too

- Attach titleblock again.

when you select the titleblock in the drawing where it is attached as xref and look at the properties , all scale factors should be 1.

if you use a company template for new drawings (like acad.dwt) you should check if all units are in millimeters.

• Like 1

Thanks for for good reply,

I solve that problem as per your instructions.

But now I find new issue ,

After page setup now page not perfect by size

A2 size 594x420mm

But coming 384.49x582.50

And my title block is with fix size 594*420.

See attached image sir

Screenshot_20210411-185649.png

some plotters / page setups use margins. Using Fit & Center in page setup usualy fixes this. That's why most titleblocks or borders have a 5 or 10 millimeter border arround them. Most (laser) plotters are A4/A3 and most plotters that are capable of printing A0/A1/A2 need a marging for the transport wheel or use oversized paper and that stuff is handled by the printer driver and most of the time this is something you just have to live with (by allowing an edge / margin on your titleblocks).

• Like 1

Oversized paper not coming,

Only ISO A2 paper size available.sir

Center to plot also there.

Edited by Ish
Modified

First set a new blank drawings layout to the plotter and size you want set to plot to Layout.

Click [Apply to Layout] then [Cancel]. 

Create a Rectangular Viewport using the default Fit option which automatically draws it to the full extent of what's plottable for that size on that plotter.

While you cannot explode a viewport you could use the Rectangle command snapping to the viewport corners to start construction on a title block for that plotter.

Adding extra space off each edge allows for width of the border line and helps ensure it will be plottable on other plotters as well.

For those who bind multiple hard copy sheets into a plan set adding extra border on the left side for binding them is needed as well.

• Like 1

Like tombu also always had title block at 0,0 in saying that had little corner markers that were the true sheet size, then title block was inside that around 6mm. Would use the window option pick the 0,0 841,594 and use Centre so always plotted correct.

Post your title block so can check stuff like dwgunits, inscale, actual sizes.

• Like 1

In Options Display tab under 'Layout elements' I keep 'Display printable area checked and nothing below it so that anytime I'm on a layout the plotting limits for that size on that plotter are shown as a light dashed rectangle.

On your page setup.dwg the heigth shown is close but the height is actually 385.9961 and the width is actually only 583.9942.

Of course I've always plotted to layout at scale 1:1 to avoid ever having to pick points for a window. I've gotten drawing from others like that from others which are frustrating since those pick points aren't saved in the drawing making them a Pain in the Arse to plot.

You need to realize the plotter setting determine the plottable limits not you.

Once you set up a template drawing with layouts set up for each plotter and page size combination and create title blocks for each of them it's easiest to import the layout you need to whatever drawing you're working on and drag and drop to copy them. Another reason to widen the borders a little bit is to make sure you don't have to go through this all over again when your plotter or printer gets replaced some day. Imagine having to modify all your existing drawing to fit a new plotter?

• Thanks 1