mtext grip problem

tonybolony

Hey - Im using autocad 2009 Lt and for some reason in a few of our files, the MTEXT grips seem to "float". Specifically, when I stretch the mtext to fit in a particular space the grips don't follow the size of the text box. For example, I have some text that reads "remove existing door". When I stretch the node so that the text reads "remove" on the first line and "existing door" on the second line, the grips stay in a single line format. Now, I know that when you stretch a grip when Ortho is disabled it will do this but these files do it every time. Not really a big issue but quite annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. We used to use a full version of Autocad 02 and I could simply explode the MTEXT and then use TEXT2MTEXT to fix it. Cant do that with LT now since it doesnt allow LISP routines. :?

Hey - Im using autocad 2009 Lt and for some reason in a few of our files, the MTEXT grips seem to "float". Specifically, when I stretch the mtext to fit in a particular space the grips don't follow the size of the text box. For example, I have some text that reads "remove existing door". When I stretch the node so that the text reads "remove" on the first line and "existing door" on the second line, the grips stay in a single line format. Now, I know that when you stretch a grip when Ortho is disabled it will do this but these files do it every time. Not really a big issue but quite annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

PS. We used to use a full version of Autocad 02 and I could simply explode the MTEXT and then use TEXT2MTEXT to fix it. Cant do that with LT now since it doesnt allow LISP routines. :?

Pick the text in question and change the 'model defined height' in Properties.

i actually keep the properties window open all the time and have tried this option. no matter what height i enter, the problem persists. i thought setting this to zero would be the "default" but doesnt seem to work either. the strange thing is that i can open a file that doesnt have this problem and cut-n-paste the same text and it doesnt have the problem in the other file. so it seems to be a file-by-file setting. ????