Hatch Mystery

I ran into a real mystery today that HOPEFULLY someone will be able to shed some light on.

To set the stage ...

I use xrefs extensively and have combined them over the years without problems.

Today that somehow went south ...

The parts ...

Model - I draw all of my linework in one file that has every plan view stacked on top of each other. I work them like we did pin bar back in the day to create the different plans.

Text - The text is in a separate file, along with dimensions, symbols and poche' (hatch) etc. The model file is xref'ed into the text file for a background.

The resulting text file is xref'ed into model space of the final plot file which has the sheet border in paper space.

The problem ...

My poche for the walls is plotting in the heaviest line that I have in my pen set, nevermind it is set to the lightest line by color. I used two different pen tables, and two differenct computers to verify the problem and got the same results. Now for the real mystery. I exploded the hatch just for grins to see if that made a difference ... nope. I changed the color of one line of the exploded hatch and it plotted to match it's color and everything to the right matched the correct (originally expected) line weight while the other side still plotted the heavy line.

I erased everything and put the hatch in the final plot file. Nope ... still the same problem. On a whim, I added a single line that is on the same layer as the poche ... it plotted the correct width and is right on top of the hatch that is on the same layer and plots fat!!!

I am attaching a clipped out section of the drawing for reference. The slash through the urinal is on the same layer as the hatch.

I am guessing that there is a variable that is set wrong, but I cannot imagine which one.

Any help will be appreciated!

Plot-A0201-ANSI B2 - PDF.jpg

I now it's going to be a stupid question, but have you tried running audit on the drawing?

ACAD 2009 has been buggy for me as well. I've had all sorts of little oddities pop up when plotting and if there was an explanation as to why, I haven't found it. I usually run Audit a couple times and then things are ok.

I ran the audit command to no avail.

I did determine that it apparently is a problem of the print drive that AutoCAD provides to create PDFs. I also have PrimoPDF and was able to make a plot file for submission with that print driver that has the correct line weights.

I am going to pass the mystery on to AutoCAD. Who knows, maybe I found a crack in the system.