Plot whole job in order

b.muqlueen

I have a job that is 7 floors. I have to plot 6 copies of each floor for the customer. Each floor is its own file. Each floor has one to two layouts. I was wondering if i would be able to Plot the whole job in order, and do it 6 time. I am trying to avoid plotting each individual drawing 6 times. So i can avoid having to rearrange the the drawings in order.

Hope this wasnt too confusing.

Thanks in advance for any help

Have you tried the ._PUBLISH command? You can put the layouts to be plotted in any order you want.

Sheet Set Manager allows you to arrange the sheets long before plotting also.

Hey there..... do you have Sheet Sets in Machanical 2008? If so you want to make a sheet set of all your drawings and provided they are all individually set up to print to the required printer i think this will be the way.

Also the Publish command will do this as you can add sheets from another drawing. :D

I made a sheet set. I have to edit now. Delete a sheet. Then add a couple. Is this possible(i think it should be, but cant seem to find how) if so how?

Yeah right click on sheet then remove.. adding sheets i believe isn;t as easy, maybe easier for what your doing is reload the ones you want. :glare: (meaning start from scratch)

I am getting an error. for 3 of the drawings in the sheet set. The error is plotter does not support media size. every sheet is the same size. any ideas?

Just to check the drawings which an error is occuring and make sure the page setup manager is set to the corresponding size that you are publishing / printing too. :glare:

Did you set up the layouts or did someone else? If someone else are your computers set up exactly the same as far as printer names and paths? Drive letters all the same? Etc.

You may need to set up a .pc3 on the network that everyone can use for the page setups.

We had the same issue here.

i set up the layout. maybe the next job i publish will be better, being i will keep in mind the publishing part from the start.

for now the 3 i will print manually.

thanks for all the help guys

• 2 months later...

Sheet sets take up quiet a bit of time if your just trying to plot, publish is much faster, unless you have a sheet set setup at the beginning of the project, or plan to use its other features too.