Mysterious Invisible, Non-Selectable, Non-Hidden Multileader

Greeting!

Hopefully this doesn't violate the ToS, but if you want to see the issue in action, you can find a video of my situation here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q9UL3mSyoo

I have a conundrum.

I recently discovered that a multileader (ML1) I inserted is invisible! I have unfrozen all layers, I have unhidden all items, and I have tried every way I can think of to select ML1.

There is a nearby multileader (ML2) and if I select and drag the textbox of ML2 using the pick point at the end of the leader, ML1 will become visible and move around as if I had selected ML1. To be clear, ML2 will also move. However, ML1 remains unselectable. Even more curious is that if I select the next closest multileader (ML3) and more it around, ML1 will show up but will not move as it does when I manipulate ML2. When I select a third multileader (ML4) and move it around, ML1 does not appear at all.

As far as I can tell:

• The multileader was created in model space
  • It is not visible in paper or model space.
  • It is not on a frozen layer
  • It is not hidden
  • It is not selectable

Any insight would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Nathan

This could possibly be an annotation issue. When it's annotative, an object has a specific scale, and it will not be visible unless it's in a space set to the same scale. When you select the object, you can see any versions that have other scales.

Check the Properties for M3. See if the Annotative property is On. Check the annotation scale for model space (you may have to enable the combo box). Do some research on annotative text. If this doesn't put you on the right track, we'll take another shot at it.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

Yes, as CyberAngel  said ML1 very well could be an annotative ghost image of either one of the other leaders but is not visible because it is a different annotative scale than ML2 and ML3.

Make sure the sys variable SELECTIONANNODISPLAY is set to zero.  That one can drive people bananas on skates.  If the variable = 1, then upon selection, ALL the ghost images of selected annotative objects suddenly appear.😮

You can also set ANNOALLVISIBLE to 1 so you can see the wayward critter(s) all the time.  If you didn't start this drawing and you are not familiar with annotative scaling, this will be fun. LOL

Without ANNOALLVISIBLE = 1, you wont be able to select ML1 unless the current annotative scale in the space you are working matches that of the invisible object.  look for it in modelspace because you don't want to change your anno scale in a viewport.  If it = 1 then you can select and edit the other annotatively scaled objects.

Without doing all that, you can select ML2 and click on ADD DELETE SCALES to the far right of the Annotation ribbon.  That will tell you which, if any annotative scales are assigned to ML2 and 3, and allow you to get rid of the extra ones if not needed. If this is not your drawing you may not want to do this because it may disappear the leader in a viewport where it is needed.

Edited by Dana W
  • Like 1