Dynamic block: Stretching a triangle X & Y whilst maintaining the same angles internally.

CMVale

Hi all,

I have a block which I have attached, where you will see two construction triangles and a basic roof looking build up. Currently you'll find it can stretch horizontally, and both triangles stretch equally outwards - however there is a separate vertical stretch to take the ridge upwards. What I require is the vertical stretch to be triggered by the horizontal, or to be linked in some way, whereby the green construction triangle stays at the same angles regardless. Currently it is at 17.5 degrees, and I will be drawing similar triangles at 2.5 degree increments later on.

I have seen a simple triangle block which works in this way, and they had used the distance multiplier at a 1.72 or whatever figure to keep their triangle at similar angles. I am struggling to work out what I would need to input in here, if this is the way to solve it, to keep my triangle at 17.5 degree outside corner angle (or whatever figure I go with after).

I can't use a scale property, as I don't want it to scale the shapes/items I have within the roof build up, so require it to stretch uniformly. I also cannot use geometric constraints as I am using AutoCAD LT.

Any help is appreciated!

example triangle.dwg