Dynamic Block help

michael256

Hi, I'm trying to create a dynamic block of a window . I want to be able to stretch the over all size of the window with a linear parameter with a stretch action. But when doing so I want the center mullion to divide the window into 2 equal parts.. anyone have any tips?

WINDOW.dwg

See the attached file. I changed the way the mullions are stretched. You can have multiple actions working with just a single parameter and then use a 'distance multiplier' for the different stretch actions which you can find in your properties toolpalette. The trick here is to use fractions when filling in the numbers, if you open up the block editor and select one of the strech actions and look in the properties you will find the 'distance multiplier' one of the reads 0.6667 and the other 0.3333 but when you type in those values use fractions (so 2/3 and 1/3) Autocad shows the values as decimal but internally it keeps track of them as 2/3rd's and 1/3rd.

When you need to keep something centered then using 0.5 works just fine. You just need to be carefull when selecting which objects are 'stretched' if you select the same item for multiple actions then it will have ALL the stretches applied to it.

WINDOW.dwg

• Like 1

What about this does way more. PM me a email link. I am having problems loading a GIF.

image.png.d9cdffaaa26582cd08eb0a49785aea38.png

image.png.2d443a79d12e20b5f9f181357efd79cb.png

image.png.7079a8c0d47ca9d948b35ed6f9828b84.png

The other options are add windows and doors just pick inside a closed area and can auto size your dynamic blocks.

This was all created for another Cadtutor poster.

Edited by BIGAL

• 2 weeks later...

I took a different direction as per image above just pick inside a closed area and the window is auto sized to suit, the visibilty style is chosen from a pop up dcl, left right up down etc. SEnt you a PM as having problems uploading a gif.