Searching for a Station Label Lisp on specific point of Polyline

Saqib_theleo

Hello all there,

I have been searching this Lisp since morning but could not find it.

I want to mark Station, Chainage or Length of polyline but on specific point where i click. If someone have or know where to get please help.

Thank you.

Well I think you can use (vlax-curve-getDistAtPoint curve-obj point), the information is in this page. To put a station mark you should use first (vlax-curve-getParamAtPoint) and then (vlax-curve-getFirstDeriv) then you have the vector, that you use with the point you want to have it in so you can obtain an angle and use the polar coordinates to set the length of your marks, it takes time but it's so great when you finally acomplish that goal, so good luck and keep doing your research. Show the community that you are doing your research and putting an effort and we'll help, but don't ask for the full solution at once.

11 hours ago, Isaac26a said:

Well I think you can use (vlax-curve-getDistAtPoint curve-obj point), the information is in this page. To put a station mark you should use first (vlax-curve-getParamAtPoint) and then (vlax-curve-getFirstDeriv) then you have the vector, that you use with the point you want to have it in so you can obtain an angle and use the polar coordinates to set the length of your marks, it takes time but it's so great when you finally acomplish that goal, so good luck and keep doing your research. Show the community that you are doing your research and putting an effort and we'll help, but don't ask for the full solution at once.

I wish I could understand and write these Lisp by myself. I am totally not good at Lisp, I can only do very minor changing in Lisp but cannot write one myself.

I respect all these Lisp masters here and on other forums they really help people like me.

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Look at any of the chainage.lsp out there whilst they write text at a spacing they have all the code for a pick point.

1 example

chainage on PL.lsp 6.77 kB · 3 downloads

Thanks for your reply, yes these kind of lisp I searched many already and used them. but what I wanted is to give chainage on my clicked  point.

3 hours ago, BIGAL said:

For a given chainage not pick pt (VLAX-CURVE-GETPOINTATDIST PL X) the use the (DEFUN ALG-ANG (OBJ PNT) to get the angle at that point so can do text. 

these two functions are already in that Lisp but if you mean to write a new code i am unable to do that. I cannot understand this Lisp language. my apology..

So do you want

1 labels at set increment "already done"

2 label at a distance

3 label at a picked point

or

4 chooses 1 2 or 3

5 label style for me just a decimal number eg CH123.45 with say prefix or suffix. Or the 1+123.45 style.

Edited by BIGAL

43 minutes ago, BIGAL said:

So do you want

1 labels at set increment "already done"

2 label at a distance

3 label at a picked point

or

4 chooses 1 2 or 3

5 label style for me just a decimal number eg CH123.45 with say prefix or suffix. Or the 1+123.45 style.

I want number 3 with style Sta. 1+123.45. Thank you.