2008 Output problems

ladon

Hi there,

We have recently upgraded from AC2000 to 2008. A big jump I know.

We've migrated our settings to the new version and we are having problems outputting files to send out to print.

Basically if we output a plot file (using the DesignJet 750C Plus C4708B printer driver as recommended by our printing company) from 2008 the lineweights are a lot heavier than they are if we output using the same CTB file and driver from a computer running 2000.

I'm really not sure where to start, but would appreciate any help as many of the drawings prepared on 2000 are no longer readable when printed from 2008.

What is strange is if we print locally to our small format inkjet printers the line weights produce more readable drawings. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I've also posted this in another area of the forum, but this seems like it might be the better section.

We have recently upgraded from AC2000 to 2008. A big jump I know.

We've migrated our settings to the new version and we are having problems outputting files to send out to print.

Basically if we output a plot file (using the DesignJet 750C Plus C4708B printer driver as recommended by our printing company) from 2008 the lineweights are a lot heavier than they are if we output using the same CTB file and driver from a computer running 2000.

I'm really not sure where to start, but would appreciate any help as many of the drawings prepared on 2000 are no longer readable when printed from 2008.

What is strange is if we print locally to our small format inkjet printers the line weights produce more readable drawings. Thanks in advance

I take it you assign lineweights within the drawing itself?

What's so special about the printer driver the printing company wants you to use? Have you tried substituting another to see if there is a difference in output?

Welcome to the forum. Have you checked that all the printing settings are exactly the same? Are you plotting from model space or paper space? If the latter, the option "Scale lineweights" may affect plotted lineweights.

Many people found that they simply had to make the CTB from scratch for this to go away.

If you are no longer using 2000 then use the same names for your CTB, if you are using a mixture of 2000 and 2008 then make the new CTB file names unique to 08.