If function between two custom fields in diesel expression

diskoalnis

Hello!

As described in the topic I want to make an if function between two custom fields.

I did a google search on this topic and I assume the diesel expression should be something like this but so far I can't get it to work.

$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,CustomDP.Name),Text_1),"New_Text_1",$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,CustomDP.Name),Text_2),"New_Text_2"))

What I want to achieve is when the specific field contains specific text in this example "Text_1" the other field should display "New_text_1" and so on.

CustomDP.Name = name of the custom field as displayed in field expression..

And thanks to anyone for spending his time on reading this, probably simple question..

I do not believe the IF expression will work like that in DIESEL. AFAIK it is just a Yes/No deal.

Your best bet is to use a LISP as mentioned. 

So long as you use SETENV to give a custom environmental variable a value and do not use dwgprops. you can use a field containing a diesel expression to read that variable

$(getenv,test)

And then in a second field you can use the diesel expression below to compare it

$(if,$(eq,$(getenv,test),string_to_test),yes same,no different)