"What are some good beginner projects to practice in Autocad LT"

CarmeloLabadie

I am learning technical drawing alongside tutorials from CADlearning for Autocad. What are some simple projects I could practice at this early stage? both in CAD and manually - What online resources are available for this?

Note - I am not looking for anything specific in regards to the type of drawing i.e. a mechanical, electrical or architectural drawing, rather a workbook of making simple 2D & 3D shapes & objects and different ways of presenting them.

Look around your house/apartment.  What do you see?  OBJECTS!  Anything you can pick up and actually measure can be used as the inspiration for creating a drawing in AutoCAD.  Start small then work your way up to larger objects.  Another option would be to go to your local library (remember those?) and check out a book about drafting.  It should have plenty of examples of items that you can draw.  Use your imagination!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You can take help from online as well as offline sources. If you are comfortable with online resources then you can go for some online sites like myCADsite, Cadalyst, CADTutor, Tutorial 45 and there are many more, but these are the best one for you because it has many practice paper as well as good tricks and tips. And if you are comfortable with offline resources like books then here are some best books for you "AutoCAD 2021 For Beginners. By Cadfolks", "Mastering AutoCAD 2019 and AutoCAD LT 2019. By George Omura", "Discovering AutoCAD 2020. By mark dix", "AutoCAD 2020 A Project-Based Tutorial. By Tutorial books". These are some best books for you, these books will help you out with creating as well as modifying image. You can also get help from YouTube.

I hope this is helpful.