Copy, Paste between 2 Sheet sets

Very new to this, never inquired in a forum before. Self-taught CAD2016 user for my job (coming up on 2 years) making shop drawings. Long process short, I receive .dwg's from contractors and basically draw over the top to submit my shop drawings for approval. I have come across an issue I cant seem to find an answer to (obviously). Typically I Copy/Paste the drawing (from model space to model space) I receive on to my sheet set to draw, scale, and print from. This particular drawing wont paste the perimeter of the building on to my sheet set. I assume this has been "locked" from editing by the original draftsman. I have gone through the layer properties, all unlocked and thawed. I have tried to "EXPLODE" the drawing (has worked in the past for similar problems). I ran across an "XLOADCTL" command that doesn't seem to fix the issue. Do I need to reach out to the original editor to send me an editable drawing? Would appreciate any help with this. Like I said very new to this, be gentle 😅. Will attach Screenshots.

paste.thumb.jpg.f65b274b2bcaa7025e720d3592c0010f.jpg1560562893_copy1.thumb.jpg.4764cdbeb2e0bc5765821bec8b14f877.jpg

Attach the drawing if you can, can't really tell much from an image.

When selected, does Properties provide any information?

Have you tried using XREF?

3 hours ago, SLW210 said:

Attach the drawing if you can, can't really tell much from an image.

When selected, does Properties provide any information?

Have you tried using XREF?

Nothing stands out to me in the properties or the XREF command (that I know of to look for) will attach.

SkyBridge - Lot 106 T-I(CLEAN) REFLECTED CEILING PLAN.dwg

I show xrefs missing on my end.

From the layer names, looks like it was original to AutoCAD Architecture.

Probably be easiest to contact the original creator and make sure they exported to dwg correctly.

To Export a Drawing to AutoCAD | AutoCAD Architecture 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Also, if you are missing the xrefs, they need to send you the xref files, that could cause your problem.

Tell them to look into eTransmit.