Special Characters appeared which supposed not

otil

Blessed day fellow Cadtutorians

I would to seek help with this special characters appearing on text  which supposed not.

I dont know if the origin will use script files/programs or compatibility of software.

seems special characters map they used.

Anyone can help me, will be much appreciated.

Please see attached

character map.pdf

Without seeing the drawing I can only guess while holding down the Alt key they entered 154 before releasing the Alt key which added the Ü.

https://theasciicode.com.ar/extended-ascii-code/non-breaking-space-no-break-space-ascii-code-255.html

Alt+154 Ü

Alt+153 Ö

Alt+144 É

The Extended Characters aren't standardized so while Alt+211 returns ╙ on this website I'm sure it worked as expected with the font used in that drawing's text.

You can also use the Windows Character Map which displays the Alt+ number on the lower-right of a selected character. This macro will open it:

^C^C^P(progn(startapp "Charmap.exe")(princ)) 

I use the Command Name: Character Map

with the attached image for a quick reference in my Annotation tab.

Charmap32.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Otil 1st if you look at the ascii code for each character in the string (ascii strchar) any number above 127 is an extended character so could remove from the string. I would (repeat (strlen str) then use a (subst str x 1) to get each character test and rejoin using (strcat .

Stephen1 are you talking about Mtext it supports color for say 1 word 1 character etc. Yes you can make mtext with certain text having a color.