Oleson Project

Tay

HI! I too am struggling with entering the survey data in- I have created the benchmark and once I begin putting in the POBs they are super tiny and I can never Close them....I changed the ltscale to 50

POB.png

I'm not familiar with the Oleson project, but civil is my field.

A benchmark is a reference point. It doesn't necessarily lie inside the area of interest. The POB is the single point from which you transit the other boundary lines. It looks like you've drawn a line from the benchmark to the POB and then continued around the boundary. The boundary doesn't end at the benchmark, it should end at the POB.

If this doesn't help, please provide more information. What is the goal of the exercise? What information do they give you? How is LTSCALE relevant to the project?

Perhaps I can be of assistance.  Please refer to the thread "Penn Foster Student Suffering with Oleson Village Map" which can be found in the AutoCAD Beginner's Area    under the heading Student Project Questions.  The thread is comprised, at this time, of 350 (!) questions and answers (many of which are my personal replies).  Make sure you start with the very first post and proceed from there.  If you have further questions then I suggest you ask them in that thread and not in this one.

Better yet, click on this link and you will be taken directly to the thread.

CyberAngel:  FYI - The goal of the exercise is twofold.  First and foremost is to teach the student AutoCAD.  The second is to provide the student with a representative example of a structural engineering project similar to one they might encounter in the real world.  The coursework, in this case, is offered by Penn-Foster College located in Scottsdale, Arizona.   

Edited by ReMark