Forum Upgrade (December 2021)

CADTutor

Festive greetings to you all!

At some point over the holiday period, I will upgrade the forum software to the most recent version (4.6.9). There is one notable change in the new version - Ranks are replaced by Achievements. This allows for a more flexible system of member rewards for activity on the forum, so you'll see new icons associated with your profile. Other than that, changes are minor.

The forum is likely to be down for a few hours during the upgrade but as this will happen over the holiday period, I'm hoping this will not inconvenience anyone. As usual, I'll give you a heads-up before the upgrade takes place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forum upgrade will take place today. The forum will close in around an hour from now. I expect the upgrade to take around 3 hours. The forum will open again once complete.

• Thanks 1

The upgrade has now completed successfully, and we are now running the most recent version of Invision Community.

The most obvious change is that the Rank system, which has been a part of this forum for many years, is replaced with a new system called Achievements. The new system is much more flexible. Ranks were based purely on the number of posts that members made. Achievements are based on the number of points acrued. Points are awarded for lots of different things, not just content posting. For example, points are earned for having followers, getting positive reactions etc. In addition to the ranks awarded through achievements, members can also earn badges for passing significant milestones and for excellent work.

All of this means that your profile looks a little different than it did before.

There are also some changes under the hood, but those shouldn't make any significant difference to your experience.

As usual, if you spot anything that doesn't look right, post in this thread to let me know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3