Turn off object snaps during the operation by key combination

itacad

Hi, I'd like to turn off object snaps while running a command.

I know just pressing F3 to turn on or off object snaps , but I would like to do it differently.

The result I would like is to have object snaps always active, if I do not need them in a particular moment of the command, make them inactive, and then find them active again in the next phase or in the use of a new command.

What I have described corresponds to the use of "snap none" which works as I would like, but:

- I don't want to click the mouse on the icon because I want to use a keyboard command

- the command typed from the keyboard is too long (_not)

Is it possible associate to "snap none" a faster keyboard command?

For my needs I would also have a combination to propose: ctrl + < (I will not dwell on explaining why).

Thank you in advance for any suggestions on this particular request

May be able to do 'Transparent" command in the middle of a normal Autocad command. Look at these two defuns.

(defun c:47 ( / )(setvar 'osmode 47))
(defun c:00 ( / )(setvar 'osmode 0))

So look at this sequence note thesingle quote

Line pickpoint '00 pickpoint '47 pickpoint

So you turn off snaps pick points then turn back on a set of osnaps.

20 hours ago, itacad said:

- the command typed from the keyboard is too long (_not)

Is it possible associate to "snap none" a faster keyboard command?

Surely the command typed at the keyboard is non (enter)

3 hours ago, eldon said:

Surely the command typed at the keyboard is non (enter)

Yes, or at least it is in the Italian version...In the meantime, I have discovered a feature that can be useful to me: If during the execution of the command, before giving the second point with a click of the mouse, F3 is held down, the osnaps are disabled, but they are not turned off, so they are available again in the next command.

for now I can try this way

• Like 1

On 1/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, itacad said:

Yes, or at least it is in the Italian version...In the meantime, I have discovered a feature that can be useful to me: If during the execution of the command, before giving the second point with a click of the mouse, F3 is held down, the osnaps are disabled, but they are not turned off, so they are available again in the next command.

for now I can try this way

Toggle OSNAP mode override Shift+A or Shift+ ‘ works as well by default. They're controlled in the CUI → Keyboard Shortcuts → Temporary Override Keys.

I generally stay with AutoCAD defaults except for a couple changes. https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/550-contribute-a-tip-become-famous/page/17/#comment-567790

On 1/23/2022 at 7:09 PM, tombu said:

Toggle OSNAP mode override Shift+A or Shift+ ‘ works as well by default. They're controlled in the CUI → Keyboard Shortcuts → Temporary Override Keys.

I generally stay with AutoCAD defaults except for a couple changes. https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/550-contribute-a-tip-become-famous/page/17/#comment-567790

Thank you, I looked at the Keyboard Shortcuts section, I don't know it well, I have to check if there is any useful shortcut!

For now I continue holding down the F3 button (because I have already memorized it on a mouse button and I have no other free buttons).

I confirm that the result is equivalent to pressing shift + A.

Thank you and greetings

• 2 months later...

I have these Lisp routines set up for controlling OSNAP. Keyboard QQ set for snap non. They don't work "transparently" though.

(defun c:Q ()
  (COMMAND "OSNAP" "ENDPOINT,INTERSECTION")
)

(defun c:QA ()
  (COMMAND "OSNAP" "PERPENDICULAR,INTERSECTION,NEAREST,INSERT")
)

(defun c:QN ()
  (COMMAND "OSNAP" "NODE,INSERT")
)

(defun c:QM ()
  (COMMAND "OSNAP" "midpoint")
)

(defun c:QQ ()
  (COMMAND "OSNAP" "NONE")
)

'q

'qa

'qn

'qm

Use (setvar 'osmode x) maybe rather than "end", set the osnaps then type osmode write down the number, end = 1 then you can see combos you want. 47 is random number I used but osmode 47 is useful, we used like 99 for lots on but its 16xxx something. 

Edited by BIGAL