Fillet Error (Non-Coplanar) Also Setting Elevation = 0

Ahmed Khaled

I having a problem with filleting 2 polylines it show the error (non-coplanar) also I Set Elevation = 0  and when i select 1 of poly lines the x,y vertex it changed to 3D (X,Y,Z) as shown in attached screenshots

Thanks in advance 

image.png

image.png

non-coplanar means that the line/plines have different Z values and so a fillet would be on a odd plane as an answer, try Flatten on the 2 objects, then fillet.

If that does not work you may need convert 3dpoly to 2dpoly just google for the lisp.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BIGAL said:

non-coplanar means that the line/plines have different Z values and so a fillet would be on a odd plane as an answer, try Flatten on the 2 objects, then fillet.

If that does not work you may need convert 3dpoly to 2dpoly just google for the lisp.

I already Try Flatten, the z value (Elevation=0) & the Polylines are 2D Polylines (as shown in the attached drawing)

Fillet Problem.dwg

Are you using the Mid FILLET command (commandline option) POLYLINE?

Have you tried selecting those elements without a crossing window?  :|

Edited by Dadgad
grammatical correction

13 minutes ago, Dadgad said:

Are you using the Mid FILLET command (commandline option) POLYLINE?

Have you tried selection those elements without a crossing window?  :|

Yes, I use poly line command & tried to select them without a crossing window

The green line is also curious in its make-up. The corner curves are parts of an ellipse, and the whole line is listed as an lwpolyline even though the vertices are at varying elevations. perhaps it has been twisted and it does not seem to respond to flatten.

17 minutes ago, eldon said:

The green line has a varying elevation of -0.00000zzz, which you clearly see from a Front view.

56220321_elevationdifference.PNG.e4306e46262825062d09b3cddc22e918.PNG

I Make Elevation=0 with presision = 0.00000000 and still have the same problem

It is in a world of its own. It IS at zero elevation in a UCS which is not parallel the the world UCS.

You must twist it back to the world UCS, and I am not sure how you would do that.

I got a way to do it. First of all set up a UCS based on the green polyline. Then make a block of the green line in that UCS.

Then change back to World UCS and insert the block. Place it and make sure the elevation is 0. Now Fillet works.

Filleted.PNG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eldon said:

I got a way to do it. First of all set up a UCS based on the green polyline. Then make a block of the green line in that UCS.

Then change back to World UCS and insert the block. Place it and make sure the elevation is 0. Now Fillet works.

Filleted.PNG

Thank You Very Much it works perfectly