A bug with rendering?

gesaugen

Hi ppl!

I've encountered a strange bug in Acad while trying to render a 3D drawing of my kitchen. It seams like Acad looses a connection btw shapes and it+s dimensions, shown on this screen capture here:

acadmh1.th.jpg

now, the problem is that I can't render anymore, no matter what I do. It just makes my screen black after rendering, like I was rendering a blank screen...:?

anyone has an idea how to fix this?

Why do you need the dimensions in your render?

I've meant by dimension a length and hight of objects, and not a graphical option to show dimension...

here's the file:

http://rapidshare.com/files/48198005/kuhinja_2.zip

another thing: a drawing is associated with textures in .jpg files, but i don't know how to paste a texture over a solid, and that a texture is there permanently, no matter on who's PC it's been watched...

First thing you need to do is turn off the sun. Unless your kitchen is outside in the backyard, the sun should not be on. Second thing you need to do is add at least one light to your scene. Try adding a spotlight. I did these two things with your model and it rendered fine. There were no textures included in your zip file, but here is the result I got:

kitchen.jpg

• 1 month later...

back from vacation...

anyway, I've figured out what was wrong:

A drawing itself has become corrupted in some way, so I've copy a content of drawing and paste it on new blank sheet... now everything works fine...

still, imho, ACAD is pretty buggy piece of software

also, AutoCAD isn't known for it's rendering capabilites, VRAY or other outsource programs do a much better job.

also another to remember: update your video/graphics drivers :thumbsup:

also, AutoCAD isn't known for it's rendering capabilites, VRAY or other outsource programs do a much better job.

well, I was thinking to learn Autodesk Viz, but it seams a whole different concept of program than ACAD is... more type of program for designers rather than civil engineers

Where can I get more information about VRAY ?

• 1 month later...

I have been making sheet sets of 3d blocks for my company and i can plot one rendered image on a frame sheet save it delete the origanal block & insert another one & sometimes for some strange reason when i render after all i get is a blank screen. God knows why but i have a sneaky susspicion that it has something to do with the viewport...One day i might find out why if i do il let you know.

• 3 weeks later...

I found out today that in AutoCAD 2008 i was gatting a blank screen while rendering i switched to perspective view and back and then it rendered fine...? Dont know if this would work for you.

• 4 years later...