Customization of an attribute

njmike

I am currently working on getting our in house blocks together and was wondering if anyone has ever been able to set up an attribute so that the end user only has to pick the variable rather then type it out. I am looking to do this to stop mistakes in repetitively used situations. Any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

Sounds more like visibility states(dynamic block) or having a field embedded in the attribute's value hat is linked to another object. Maybe a table that has rows of text.

Maybe you can teach me something here?
???

I was just hinting at using a DCL program with options for choosing the attribute values; this is the only way I know of avoiding typing the values.

A menu can also do this but it might be less practical to use.

???

I was just hinting at using a DCL program with options for choosing the attribute values; this is the only way I know of avoiding typing the values.

A menu can also do this but it might be less practical to use.

I didn't know what you meant. That's all :).

DCL or VBA, both relatively easy to implement but at the expense of the flexibility that native AutoCAD gives you. If its only a few different values per block then a visibility state sounds ideal, if it is a large number of variations all possible on lots of blocks then a custom dialogue box would be best.

Alternatively, a post insertion LISP file that validates the entries.

Dave,

I have a question, I have been trying the custom dialog box but been getting stuck. I need to attach 48 registration numbers to a block so that the end users can just pick the state. Any advise on how to do this fairly easily. I am new to the DCL of VBA

Thanks

Mike

I don't know how to do this in DCL and have never actually tried in VBA but in full VB you create a list box and on form load, load the list with acceptable values. I don't expect it to be very different in VBA.