Trim and Extend Tool Will Not Work

I am having difficulty using my Trim and Extend tool. I have been working on a project and suddenly my Trim and Extend tool stopped working.

I drew a few basic objects and no lines are responding. I have also tried to Explode with no luck. No Layers are frozen or locked. I think I might have activated a command by mistake or turned something off.

I am currently using AutoCAD LT 2008

Suggestions would be appreciated

Usual culprits for trim/extend problems:

Lines are not coplanar - Select all the z-values of both are equivalent. If the field displays **VARIES**, they are at differing heghts and therefor are not coplanar. You can get around this by using the PROJECT and EDGE options at the command line.

Lines are parallel - Happens more often than you might think, but if the lines are parallel there will by definition be no projected intersection between them.

Lines are not actually lines - Again select the entities in question and check the drop down box at the top of the properties palette. If the lines are anything other than lines, polylines, or curves (arcs, ellipses, etc...) they can not be trimmed/extended. Another usual culprit is that they are actually a solid or a region.