Automatic wire numbers not correct

MC5fan1968

When I generate automatic wire numbers AND have the correct settings to search for the PLC address, I still get liine numbers. I believe the blocks are not functioning properly. I have put known good blocks into the drawing and they fnction as intended. IUs there a quick and easy way to "fix" blocks like these?

Wire Nos.jpg

• 3 months later...

My answer was worded poorly but it is correct. I found several PLC card blocks that just plain did not work, I replaced them and the problem disappeared. Other drawings would not behave properly no matter what so I rebuilt those using another drawing, renaming it and setting it up in the project manager. Later, in some drawings, I zoomed in and found that the wires were not actually touching the point on the attributes of the block. So much for turning on SNAP and making sure things actually snap to the desired point!

Line numbers that were wrong come down to line number blocks with incorrect information entered for ladder number distance. These drawings have a lot of garbage from the past in them. Nobody seems to care about these things but me. When I drop a relay coil in at line 1020 and AutoCAD names it CR1026, duuuuh, something isn't right! I suppose I will just have to get used to other people's sloppy, stupid habits.

Engineers, buy and large, do not give a damn. All they care about is what it looks like when it comes off of the printer. They build in problems and sluff it off because "it's not my problem." They claim either "I didn't know" or blatantly say "I don't care about that." That is MY observation.

Edited by MC5fan1968
Typing errors.

I can no longer use Electrical, they put 32bit Office on my new computer, I asked for 64bit, but the reason sort of went over ITs head.

I am an Engineer and care, but I also have known some Engineers and Drafters that didn't. Speaking of non-connected lines, seems common with some of those not to even use snaps.

Worked where we had the shop supervisor that managed the cutting tables and CNC mills, etc. was nice enough and enjoyed doing the templates himself, cutting our load down quite a bit. I often got calls to fix lots of open shapes, he knew better than to call most of the others. Had one drafter that made all hidden, center, etc. lines out of individual different length lines, just like on a drafting table.

Some of the grads I run across seem to get little CAD training, probably just never getting into the drafting part as a result.

SLW210, I have known many who do sloppy, crooked and random scaled drawings that I felt were total garbage. I found some bogus drawings that a drafter here did, not drawn to scale, DIMLINEAR dimensions manually changed to read correctly. I could go on and on.