Help Needed With Filling in Dynamic Block

Bill Tillman

The attached CAD file has a simple block in it that I have made dynamic and allow it to be stretched. What I need to add to this block is someway to make it fill in the vertical lines as I stretch it horizontally. The spacing will typically be 16" or 24" O.C. but of course I need to be able to set this on the fly. But usually it will be 16" O.C. 

UPDATE: I've added another parameter to the block which allows me to make it taller. No need to fill in the vertical space. Only horizontally so that when I stretch it horizontally it will fill-in the vertical studs at 16" O.C. Years ago, I saw a guy do this with a grating section. Worked pretty good.

Okay, a little trial and error and I got it figured out. The block works when I stretch it and the verticals end up 16" O.C. Now, is there a way to change the OC spacing on the fly or will I have to edit the block parameter to use 24" O.C. etc...

Dynamic Block Question.dwg

Edited by Bill Tillman

It almost works perfect. When I stretch the block horizontally to the right I end up with the length that I want but the last vertical stud will not hold on to the stretch. So I end up having to draw the last two vertical studs manually.

See new file attached.

Dynamic Block Question.dwg

Thanks again all. I completely forgot about that previous post. There's great examples and info there.