FLATSHOT NOT WORKING CORRECTLY

jim78b

i have a big 3d dwg around 20mb , the flatshot command not work properly, as you see in the figure, there are a lot of missing lines!!

FLATSHOT.png

What type of objects are they?

Flatshot only works for 3D solids, surfaces, and meshes and projects them onto a plane parallel to the viewing plane.

If it comes from your office, then I would contact the employee that created the drawing and ask them what they think.  No, I did not try to open/view your drawing.

I can't do links like posted, you need to upload the drawing or a drawing that represents the objects you are trying to Flatshot.

All you need to do for starters is right-click an object and select Properties and see what type of object. 

If the objects are not 3D Solids in Properties, then Flatshot will not work, which includes 3D Solids that are Blocks or Xreffed into the drawing.

I opened the file and exploded some of the blocks. In the image on the left, the grey parts are the blocks that I exploded. Then I ran Flatshot and got the image on the right.

As I was exploding blocks I found that some blocks are inserted twice, so there are duplicates that are overlapping. The model needs to be cleaned, to remove all the duplicate overlapping blocks.

As for exploding blocks, I only had to explode some of them to get Flatshot to work, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Maybe there are some bad blocks? A lot of the blocks that I exploded were mirrored. Maybe that's an issue? Maybe copy and rotate would be better than mirroring? You will have to experiment to find out what the root cause of the problem is. In the meantime, exploding the blocks seems to work.

Flatshot.jpg

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, jim78b said:

THANKS for tested my dwg🤗 so i need every time explode blocks right?

Well, as I mentioned, I only exploded some of the blocks and then Flatshot worked. So I don't know what the real problem is. All I know is that exploding some of them made Flatshot work. So yes, you can explode all the blocks if you want, and that will definitely work, but there are also many parts of the model that are not blocks, so you want to be careful about what you explode. You don't want to explode the 3D Solids. You just want to explode the blocks.