Lines in my plot!

Amber D

A quick question. I'm quite new to CAD, so I'm hoping that this is an easy question.:wink:

I'm trying to plot a figure that I'm doing which contains an aerial photograph as a background, and my question to you is: there are vertical lines (3 of them on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, plotted landscape) which are present. They're not visible (on my screen) in paper or model space, and they're not visible in plot preview, but they are there when I plot. They show only overtop of the aerial photograph. Lines, text, etc. plots just fine over top of the lines (but I still need to get rid of them).... and I can't figure out how! :cry:

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Funny you say that. It plotted fine this morning on another printer, and is still plotting fine on that printer (I tried it again after reading your comment, and it worked perfectly).... Any ideas on why this particular printer doesn't like it? The reason I ask is that the color printer is the one that doesn't like it, and this figure must be in color... of course.

Might just be some dirty rollers in the plotter. Have you attempted to plot a test file (a simple x across the paper for example, or a few diagonal lines of simple colors) to see if that has the problem as well? If it does, your plotter probably just needs cleaned.

Rats...couldn't just be the simple answer, could it. I'd recommend thawing all layers to see if you can find this mysterious linework. If you still don't see it, use Ctrl+A to select all and then deselect all visible objects one at a time. This may leave the phantom lines behind.

Well, I'm not really even sure what I did, but it went away, and plotted fine. Maybe just a glitch with my ancient AutoCAD software? Either way, I thank you very much for all of your help MaxwellEdison. Have a great day!