Hack or upgrade to improve thread title matching

Strix

Now I could suggest that any thread with a non-descriptive title (which contravenes the forum rules btw) be locked so the OP doesn't get an answer until they post properly :wink:
would you be surprised that I agree with you? :)

Actually, it wouldn't affect me that much. I normally only look at threads that "interest" me - ones I think I can answer or ones I think I can learn something from. I normally ignore the plz hlp ones. Sometimes after they have generated a lot of interest I'll have a look and sometimes when I need a break from work I'll look at them.I find it quite easy to ignore things. :)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Strix

• michaeloureiro

• dbroada

• Magnum Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about threads being automatically moved to the correct forum based on their thread title? If someone posts a question about 3D in the beginners section, or a question about Inventor or Lisp or whatever, in the wrong section, their thread could be automatically redirected to the correct forum? Is something like that even possible? :unsure:

oo - I don't know about that actually (it'd probably make more work for us re-sorting anyway)

there's something to be said for renaming the beginners section in the 3D forum though - when you hit 'new posts' you can't tell which beginners section a thread is in

David! :D

Nobody ever figured out why we can't change the titles of our own threads - David believed he had that set up but registered users can't do it *shrugs*

Strange...:huh:

Now I could suggest that any thread with a non-descriptive title (which contravenes the forum rules btw) be locked so the OP doesn't get an answer until they post properly :wink:

Well as long as that reason was explained to them at time of locking, I don't see any problem with that.

You may get some ill tempered responses at first, but as long as there's some forum policy somewhere that explains it clearly then they shouldn't be able to do more than complain to themselves.:twisted:

well they certainly wouldn't be complaining on thread - they wouldn't be able to

I suppose we could delete any 'feedback' threads that aren't posted in the correct section too :wink:

Ive used the search engine before and usually end up with no luck, but often find the answer im looking for at the bottom of the page where it lists similar threads. It would be nice to be able to see those before you hit the post button.

FILEDIA=1
I knew id seen that before but couldnt put the right words in the search engine to find it, even though using the same words brought up a similar thread that had what I was looking for.