Distance point to polyline

Steven P

Good afternoon,

Hope this is a quick one, I want to check if a point that a user has selected is on a polyline or not. I am sure this is dead simple and there -should- be a copy and paste solution out there, be grateful if anyone has something they can share..... if not subtle hints are also good and a great way for me to learn a bit more.

The polyine will have been selected with a single click ssget: (setq obj1 (ssget "_:S" '((0 . "LWPOLYLINE"))) )

Thanks

You can use the function vlax-curve-getclosestpointto to check if the distance between the picked point and closest point to object is equal to zero then its on otherwise its not.

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 9:25 AM, Tharwat said:

You can use the function vlax-curve-getclosestpointto to check if the distance between the picked point and closest point to object is equal to zero then its on otherwise its not.

Which System variable hold the point where the user do the SSGET ?

(setq obj1 (ssget "_:S" '((0 . "LWPOLYLINE"))) )

For Entsel is known 

(setq point ( cdr (entsel "\n Select an entitytie" )))

Thanks in advance