ctab Field Insert works sporadically

Bill Tillman

I like to use the Insert Field method to give my title blocks and detail bubbles the correct sheet number. I use the ctab field and it usually works pretty good. But lately I'm seeing that it doesn't always work correctly. Haven't found any info on this doing searches.

Edited by Bill Tillman

Will do. Lee Mac always has cool stuff.

Now back to my issue. I use the ctab field all the time and it's worked just as you said. If I use a detail bubble on two or more layout tabs it always shows the correct layout number. I use C1, L1, D1, etc... It has worked fine many time for me. But lately I'm noticing that some of the fields get stuck with the value from another layout tab name. If I run REGEN or REGENALL that usually corrects it but this time nothing gets it right. So I end up deleting the field and reinstalling it. Everything works again. ???

Edited by Bill Tillman

Been over this issue again. The drawing file I just worked with is using the field key to insert the Layout Tab name (ctab). Worked so many times in the past, but as I edit this and then change to view to look at other tabs,  I'm finding that what used to be E1 has been changed to L3. ??? So I change it back and all looks well. But next time I open the file ???

Edited by Bill Tillman