AutoCAD - Loft Guides Error - 114036 - The selected entities are not valid

Alisi

I am new to AutoCad and I am trying to understand the Loft Guides command. The loft command works well for me without any error but when I am trying to use the guides option of the loft command it throws the following error 

Modeling Operation Error:
Error Code Number is 114036
The selected entities are not valid.

The arcs here are being used as Guides.  I have tried changing the guides to arcs, splines but nothing works. I am unable to understand what I am doing wrong here so I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this.

I am attaching the Dwg file, loft command screenshot and error screenshot.

Screenshot 2022-10-03 021848.png

Ch12_Fig12.31(4).png

guides.dwg

The problem is that your guide curves are not touching the circles. There are large gaps between the ends of the curves and the circles. In order for the program to perform the Loft operation, it needs a precise path to follow from one circle to the other. If there are gaps or overlaps, the operation will fail.

I made some adjustments to the curves, to make sure they start and end precisely at the quadrant of each circle and now the Loft command is working, as you can see in the screen grab below. I also attached the dwg file so you can see what I did.

Guide Curves.jpg

guides-adjusted.dwg

• Like 3