LT Scales differ on Other computers

stevsmith

On my work pc i have my lt set global at 10.

When I go onto another pc at work and open the drawing the line does not display the same as it would on my cpu. Iv'e checked the global lt on the other computer, all the settings are the same. but you have to zoom right in to see the hidden lines.

It prints perfectly on my pc.

It does not print the hidden/phantom/centre lines correctly from the foremans computer, they appear solid unless you zoom right in.

Can someone please help, Im ripping my hair out with this one.

Just a quick question, "what happens in reverse?" ie create the drawing on the 2nd pc then move to the 1st...

I'm thinking someone has played around with the linetype files, although I have also heard LT has different definitions to Full AutoCAD.

my guess would be different linetype definition files. Make sure both machines get their line from either acad.lin or acadiso.lin, not one from each.
Doesn't the linetype and its pattern get saved with the drawing once the linetype is added to the drawing database? you would have to manually reload the linetype from a different .lin file (or programatically modify it) in order to change the definition of the linetype... or am I wrong?

Ive had a look at the acad.lin and acadiso.lin files and they seem to be running off the acad.lin file. so they are the same...

A1. i tried a drawing on the other computer and it draws th same way as if i have opened the drawing.

When i open it on my computer, everything is fine. lt looks ok.

It must be a setting on the foremans pc.

Ive had a look at the acad.lin and acadiso.lin files and they seem to be running off the acad.lin file. so they are the same...

A1. i tried a drawing on the other computer and it draws th same way as if i have opened the drawing.

When i open it on my computer, everything is fine. lt looks ok.

It must be a setting on the foremans pc.

Do you start with a company wide template file or start from other companies drawings or just Qnew.

Check the measurement variable is the same on both. What about hatch patterns do they go all odd too?

I was nosing around the SYSVDLG installed with Express Tools 2008 today, and remembering your problem from RSS this morning.

You could check this variable on both machines.

"CELTSCALE"

quote from the Express Tools Help.

"Sets the current object linetype scaling factor. Sets the linetype scaling for new objects relative to the LTSCALE command setting. A line created with CELTSCALE = 2 in a drawing with LTSCALE set to 0.5 would appear the same as a line created with CELTSCALE = 1 in a drawing with LTSCALE = 1."

Thought it would be worth checking.

Dave

"Most of what I know came from the "F1" key"

Doesn't the linetype and its pattern get saved with the drawing once the linetype is added to the drawing database? you would have to manually reload the linetype from a different .lin file (or programatically modify it) in order to change the definition of the linetype... or am I wrong?

I believe your correct because you can set up your acad.dwt template with acad.lin or acadiso.lin which is the metric version of the linetypes. I did a test to confirm. Two new drawings and loaded "hidden" from "acad.lin" in one and "hidden" from "acadiso.lin" in the other. They are different in each drawing. Also when you load a linetype you get a alert message "Linetype HIDDEN is already loaded. Reload it?"

Dave

TBH, I'm not sure. If you do a drawing with a special linetyle, you won't get the lines showing correctly if the linetype is not available on a different machine, which implies it takes the definition from the machine somewhere. I have a problem with my multiple drawing program where a new drawing is created as a DXF file from a template. I haven't quite got my head round all the permutations of linetype and LT scale but I now a DXF file created on another machine will have different line spacing than one created on my machine - I use acadiso.lin as my default linetype definition file, almost everybody else uses acad.lin as theirs.

TBH, I'm not sure. If you do a drawing with a special linetyle, [sic] you won't get the lines showing correctly if the linetype is not available on a different machine, which implies it takes the definition from the machine somewhere.
By special linetype, do you mean a complex linetype using shapes, etc? Because for instance, I have this LISP that entmakes a linetype called "HIDDEN4" (half of HIDDEN 2) from scratch, and the linetype is not defined in any .lin file, but in the LISP function and it is directly added to the drawing's database. Now this is a simple linetype and I've never created a complex linetype via LISP, so I can't say whether it will work the same, but that ability to add linetype definitions as entities programatically without them being present in the LIN file is what generated my question.

I could be wrong but some settings are saved with users settings and reinstalling may not set all off these back to stock.

Another option is to compare the sysvars on both computers.

I do this by starting a new drawing, saving all sysvars to a .txt file for each computer. I then open one with MS Word and then do a compare to the second .txt file. Then read up on the settings that are different.

Hope your issue is resolved.

Dave