Macro to Export text from eDRAWINGS to excel

tiwari1211

Dear Experts, 

I hope you are doing well. 

I am looking for a way to export the text from the DXF file to Excel. I have an Excel macro that worked fine when I had the DXF file open in AutoCAD, but now I don't have AutoCAD. I use eDRAWINGS to open the DXF files. Can anyone help me to have a program/Macro which export text from eDrawings to Excel ?

If required i can share the Excel macro. 

This will be a great help to me. Thanks a lot for your reply. 

I think simple answer is "NO", eDrawings appears to be a viewer so no programming interface, you need say a Bricscad or another clone if you don't want to go down the Autocad path, do not buy LT no excel link. 

If you can write a VBA macro in excel then you can do what you want, a dxf file is just a text file so can look for MTEXT and read the lines below for layer and textstring. Just open in Word and have a look. In below the textstring is "Heading" look for Mtext then 1 then next line. NOTE lots of spaces in the lines.

MTEXT
1D
AcDbEntity
TEXT
AcDbMText
HEADING
Edited by BIGAL
  • Like 1