• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tzframpton

• f700es

• TimZilla

• Lance

There are slots available but the big problem is this is company's computer and not mine and they dont want to bother about this. Oh well....I think I need to be contended with this. I will just keep in mind that when I see circle that look like elipse they are circle when printed. :D Thank you very much guys. All inputs are well appreciated. yoooo. Thanks again.

Well Lance..that sucks. I hate to hear about workplaces that have people in charge that don't know their butts from a hole in the ground when it comes to CAD equipment and what is actually needed.

Good luck bro :(

Actually we are very happy when we received our new LCD widescreen monitor as we are using semi flat CRT before. All the excitement was gone when we open the autocad and found out about the stretch screen...at home I am using adapter with Nvidia capabilities. Do you think it is ok if I install the driver of my Inno3D Geforce4MX440 to my computer it out office even if my video card is different?

Actually we are very happy when we received our new LCD widescreen monitor as we are using semi flat CRT before. All the excitement was gone when we open the autocad and found out about the stretch screen...at home I am using adapter with Nvidia capabilities. Do you think it is ok if I install the driver of my Inno3D Geforce4MX440 to my computer it out office even if my video card is different?

no it is not okay to install drivers when they are not fitted to the hardware, you're asking for serious problems in doing so.

look, we can't explain it any more to you. it's the graphics card. you're going to have to upgrade to solve this problem, plain and simple. it is an easy, painless, and cheap fix - trust us, this is what we do. if you could simply give us the model number of the monitor, we can get online and help you choose the right hardware to support your newly bought monitor. you have helped us with the motherboard - we're half way there. 8)

for instance, check out This Video Card for only $37.00....

AGP 4X/8X

350MHz

128MB DDR

DirectX 9

OpenGL 1.5

Max Resolution: 2048 x 1536

this is MORE than enough specs to run that monitor like it should, not to mention a trumendous upgrade on your current video card, making AutoCAD fly faster than before. you should seriously consider.... 8)

Thanks to all the reply. I can't do nothing anymore rather than buy a new vidoe card. But buying is beyond my will as this is not my pc but the company. I have learned so much on this thread. Thank you guys for all the help. Now I am not speculating anymore about what happened.:)

lol no probs. can't beat $40 tho... haha.

glad you're with us.

I have had to install components in my "work" computers before. Sound card, USB card and video card. Just make sure they know and that you write your name on the card with a Sharpe pen.

• 1 year later...

I recall some kind of command to 'reshape' a circle so it does not look like an ellipse when using a wide screen monitor, does anyone remember what it is?

I recall some kind of command to 'reshape' a circle so it does not look like an ellipse when using a wide screen monitor, does anyone remember what it is?

make sure your screen resolution is set to the correct aspect ratio in windows. then it will look right.

That's the ticket! Thanks. What I was thinking of must have been some long ago DOS commands. I remember measuring a circle on the screen with a scale and changing settings somehow.

Ahhh, good 'ol DOS............ :P

• 3 months later...

I draw a circle and it looks like a oval, yes, I have already tried all of the resolution settings, by right clicking on desktop properties, blah blah.

Is there something I can do or is this something I am going to have to get used to?

Does AutoCAD have a setting for this?