Material Computation

Belo85

Can you be more specific? What concepts do you understand, and where are you having trouble? What have you tried, and what happened when you tried it? Do you have to build the corridor from scratch?

The assignment is a little vague. When they say "Calculation of Roadway Embankment," do they want cut/fill volumes? What is the slope of the embankment? Where is the right of way, and how are you supposed to deal with it?

I would start by reading up on corridors and surfaces, especially volume surfaces. To understand corridors, you'll need to understand alignments and assemblies. Unfortunately, Civil 3D has a rather steep learning curve.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CyberAngel thank you for your reply as you see in my post I've been troubled in computing area.

1. Roadway Excavation (this will included crown lane, shoulder, daylight cut but excluded the structure excavation like line canal, retaining wall or slope protection)

2. Structure Excavation (Line Canal, retaining wall or slope protection)

3. Embankment, how to set a boundary for embankment.

4. Calculation of width of Crown Lane

5. Calculation of width of Cut surface limit to subbase (Crown subbase & shoulder subbase)

dwg1.jpg

dwg2.jpg

dwg3.jpg

dwg4.jpg

dwg5.jpg

dwg6.jpg

dwg7.jpg

dwg8.jpg

dwg9.jpg

dwg10.jpg

Are you using any Civil software to make the cross sections ? 

The cross section has multiple shapes that are normally not there in a road. The only way around it may be to get volumes make a new surface then add more shapes to the new surface, get volumes make new surface,I have done projects with multi surfaces being used to come up with a final design surface.