how to 3d rotate

davenutron

Hi, I am trying to rotate a 3d cilinder. It does not give me the 3d rotate icon or gizmo arrows where you can select your axis I can only rotate around 1 axis. I want to rotate around another axis, how can I get the gizmo to show up?

autocad forums 3d rotate.png

You have been told, a couple of times now, to post your questions in the proper forum.  This forum is for basic AutoCAD questions.  There is a forum specific to working in 3D: AutoCAD 3D Modelling and Rendering.

The GTAUTO system variable sets whether gizmos are displayed automatically whenever you select objects in a 3D view that is set to a 3D visual style (default). If you turn off this system variable, the grips are not displayed until the gizmos are active.

When you start the 3D Move, 3D Rotate, or 3D Scale operation before selecting objects, the gizmo is placed at the center of the selection set. Use the Relocate Gizmo option on the shortcut menu to relocate the gizmo anywhere in 3D space. You can also choose a different type of gizmo on the shortcut menu.

Edited by ReMark
  • Like 1

As ReMark mentioned, the command is 3DROTATE, which I already told you about in another thread.

You need to start taking notes. When we answer your questions, write it down in a notebook so you can refer back to it. That way you won't have to keep asking the same questions and you won't get confused about what commands to use in which program.

I have moved this question to the 3D Modeling and Rendering section. https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forum/14-autocad-3d-modelling-amp-rendering/

• Like 1

I am really wondering why the rotate gizmo is not coming up and dont fathum your post remark Im not that great at grasping lines of text, cad64 has helped me through a lot of bits so far and I am getting there, Any idea what I can try to rotate it in all axis, by the way the last rotate an item thread I created did not display th correct answer.

At the command line type GTAUTO then press enter.  The gizmo should appear on your screen.  GTAUTO is a system variable.  As an AutoCAD user you should be familiar with system variables.  You need to be in a 3D view using a 3D visual style.  Now, where have you seen that before?  Oh, I know, in my previous post!  Amazing.