Unable to use online maps.

Saqib_theleo

Hello all,

Can someone guide me In Civil3d online Maps are free or need subscription. I am unable to use online maps. I have an Autodesk account.

Thank you.

Do you need these maps for GIS, contours, vicinity maps, or some other purpose? Which maps are you unable to use, and how were you trying to access or import them? Which maps are available from Autodesk?

17 minutes ago, CyberAngel said:

Do you need these maps for GIS, contours, vicinity maps, or some other purpose? Which maps are you unable to use, and how were you trying to access or import them? Which maps are available from Autodesk?

I want to use Geolocation Maps.

SNAG-0049.png

Did you look at these 1st

Google Earth insert image into Autocad

Using nearmap JPG and JGW 

I was lucky and had access to local council data, images and lidar surface data. 

4 hours ago, BIGAL said:

Did you look at these 1st

Google Earth insert image into Autocad

Using nearmap JPG and JGW 

I was lucky and had access to local council data, images and lidar surface data. 

I don't know about this, can you please guide how to do that.

Thanks.

Edited by Saqib_theleo

6 hours ago, SLW210 said:

IIRC, you shouldn't use the GEOLOCATION in Civil3D, set the coordinates with _MAPCSASSIGN.

See this article as well, it applies to AutoCAD, but might help you. AutoCAD: Maps Cannot Be Displayed | AutoCAD | Autodesk Knowledge Network

I have assigned related coordinates to drawing but when I want to show maps they don't appear.

A map as you imply can be just an image with its co-ordinates based at 0,0 so the image may be there but waaaay over there, using JPG and a JGW and a lisp moves the image to correct world co-ordinates. 

If you google a couple of Utubes about inserting geo related images it should make sense, sorry don't have any links.

• 3 weeks later...