Font error

kadri

Hi! 

I have just downloaded Autocad on my new Macbook and trying to go on with projects previously started on a Windows computer.

I have used fonts Avenir and Avenir Book previously, had to download those fonts for Windows but on Mac Avenir comes as a default.

A font named Avenir Book does not though.. and that's the name how it was called on my windows pc, so it came over also to Mac with the same name and Autocad didn't recognise it. Well, changed the font type of EVERY text in file to Avenir and it seemed to work.. until I started printing to PDF. I use some foreign letters Ä Ü eco and they won't print.. just a lot of dots and a text that Avenir BOOK font was not found.. (but I changed them all to regular Avenir, Avenir Book should not be necessary) Even if I write a new text in Avenir with foreign letters in it, the problem stays.. No idea what to do as I can not change the font type as my colleagues all use Avenir for the same project.

What happens if you look for the font Avenir BOOK for a Mac download and install. Other wise the font will have a name buried away somewhere inside the TTF very hard to edit. Make a copy of the TTF.

Who decided to use Avenir Book rather than plain Avenir ? Does it exist ? I dont know about loading TTF onto a MAC.

Edited by BIGAL

Even if I create a new document using Avenir font (not Book), it still does not plot the foreign letters.

I am just out of hope.. no idea what to do

Our office and every one we share files with uses Windows and Microsoft Office software and limit themselves to using fonts installed with that software or the AutoCAD installed Swiss family of fonts. My choice has always been Swiss Lt BT or Ariel Narrow that allow us to fit as much legible notes in a drawing as possible.

If drawings need to be opened on both Windows and Mac PCs that may not have Office software I'd stick to the AutoCAD installed Swiss family of fonts to avoid issues like you're having.

kadri will answer but  Avenir has variations in other languages, which is why maybe its needed.

Post a dwg and some will make a pdf for you and post back so can see if working using non MAC.

Edited by BIGAL