can't view/open drawing properly

masterfal

hi all,

i have this dwg file sent to us by a client but i'm unable to view it properly or even copy anything at all from it. if you see image below in the windows preview you can see the floor plan. when i go to open the file though i get this error message (below - which by the way makes no sense. can't find any regional settings icon in control panel to click on as it suggests to) and then it needs to recover the file. Once recovered all i can see is a random box + circle. Is there any way i can get access to this floor plan?

also unable to copy from this file which i've never seen before. i've attached a copy of the problematic dwg file

dwgprob.thumb.png.962b9ef0987f0fa8ca2dac12702e623a.png

errormsg.png.a4926927741cb70e79c27dd350da98e6.png

recovereddwg.thumb.png.22a67eff0f9990396fe0341e528490b8.png

floorplan.dwg

On 2/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, BIGAL said:

Try this opened in Briscad no probs.

The page errors may be about language settings on your PC, did you get it from someone who works in non english.

floorplan2.dwg 128.56 kB · 1 download

Hey BIGAL, thanks for the response.

Thats really interesting that it works with bricscad. did you also try with autocad? the client mentioned this morning that he had this same issue with someone else he was sending to recently who was using autocad too.

i asked which program he uses and says he uses both rhino and sketchup. i'm guessing its something in the rhino conversion to dwg that causing this to occur. and can't say 100% for sure but pretty sure hasn't been set up or worked on by any non-english people. But either way I don't understand why language issues would prevent me from being able to copy a line or any other objects from that file.

ended up receiving a file from the client which showed the floor plan but was still unable to copy anything from it. only thing could think to do was create a pdf then import that pdf into a different cad file, which worked but bit annoying