Help - Lee Mac's BFIND search only please

barristann

Hi all, Lee Mac's Batch Find & Replace Text is incredible, but is there a way to modify the codes to ONLY allow searching?

http://www.lee-mac.com/bfind.html

Two days ago, I forgot to select the search only option and deleted some text by accident. So to prevent this in the future, I would like to modify the codes themselves. Which part can I comment out or remove to disallow Replace or Save? Thank you.

Maybe have search only option on as default would be the simplest fix

update line 505

"    : toggle { key = \"search\"; label = \"Search Only\"; is_tab_stop = false; }"
to
            "    : toggle { key = \"search\"; label = \"Search Only\"; is_tab_stop = true; }"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, barristann said:

This will certainly work. No more accidents. Thank you mhupp!

And if you want to use the other features you still can.

• Like 1

I'll have to go back to bfind, but I thought it remembered the last setting? Might be wrong, some of Lee Macs stuff does, some doesn't

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Working for me. How is it not working

Tips'

Have you got the latest version from his website?

Are you clicking 'Search only'

Have you changed the directory to the one you want

Is it plain text you want to replace and nothing like leaders or dimensions (I can't remember, Lee normally covers most cases so would be surprised if he didn't here).

If you can't work it out and you can do this, maybe post a sample drawing to test?

The problem is not in the drawing, but in the version of AutoCAD. It works great in AutoCAD 2019-2021, but fails in AutoCAD 2022-2024.

It works OK on my 2022 installation so there is a difference between what you have and what I have, if we can work that out we can make the LISP work. Often the main difference is the drawing file and what you are trying to change.

Have you tried other search terms? (copy files to a temporary location and try from there?)

Have you tried other files?

On 4/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, Lee Mac said:

Try setting LISPSYS=0, restarting AutoCAD and running the program.

It works!!! The whole department worked in the old version of AutoCAD for this application.

Thank you very much!

• 11 months later...
On 4/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, Lee Mac said:

Try setting LISPSYS=0, restarting AutoCAD and running the program.

It works when LISPSYS=0 but i have problems with russian characters when it's 0. Is there a better solution?

7 hours ago, rapp5 said:

It works when LISPSYS=0 but i have problems with russian characters when it's 0. Is there a better solution?

Unfortunately the program will not be compatible with Unicode (non-ASCII) characters.

9 hours ago, Lee Mac said:

Unfortunately the program will not be compatible with Unicode (non-ASCII) characters.

I don't actually want the program to be compatible with Unicode. I want it to work with LISPSYS = 1. I am not trying to find or replace any Unicode characters with Bfind.

But there are unicode characters in the DWG and other lisps that support UNICODE have problems. 

My only request is that if it can work with LISPSYS = 1, there will be no problem.